As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Indulge in the ultimate fusion of flavors with our mouthwatering English Chinese French fries recipe! This delightful twist on classic fries combines the crispy goodness of English fries with the irresistible seasonings of Chinese cuisine. These fries will undoubtedly become your new favorite snack or side dish since they are crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and overflowing with an alluring combination of flavorful spices. Whether you’re hosting a gathering, craving a tasty treat, or want to elevate your fry game, this recipe is a must-try!
To prepare these delicious English Chinese French fries, you’ll need the following:
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
To get optimal crispiness, follow these easy steps:
- The potatoes should be washed, peeled, and cut into thin, even strips.
- Soak the potato strips in cold water for 30 minutes to remove extra starch.
- Potatoes should be drained and dried with a fresh kitchen towel.
- Combine the cornstarch, Chinese five-spice powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and white pepper in a sizable mixing basin.
- Toss the potato strips in the spice mixture until evenly coated.
- 350°F (175°C) of vegetable oil should be heated in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Small batches of the potato strips should be fried for 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the fries from the oil and set them on a dish covered with paper towels to absorb any remaining oil.
How to prepare these delectable English Chinese French fries, follow these steps:
- Gather the ingredients mentioned above.
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into thin, even strips.
- For 30 minutes, soak the potato strips in cold water.
- Drain and dry the potatoes.
- Combine cornstarch, Chinese five-spice powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and white pepper in a sizable mixing bowl.
- Toss the potato strips in the spice mixture until coated.
- 350°F (175°C) is the ideal temperature for heating vegetable oil.
- Fry the potato strips in batches for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Fries are drained on a platter covered with paper towels.
Preparation time: The preparation time for this English Chinese French fries recipe is approximately 45 minutes, including soaking time.
Servings: This dish can be a side dish or snack for 4-6 people.
Q: Can I substitute sweet potatoes with ordinary potatoes?
A: Yes, you can substitute sweet potatoes for a unique twist on the recipe.
Q: How can I make the fries even crispier?
A: Ensure the potatoes are thoroughly dried after soaking, and fry them in small batches to maintain the oil temperature.
Q: Can I bake these fries instead of frying them?
A: You can bake the seasoned fries in a preheated oven at 425°F (220°C) for 25–30 minutes or until crispy, though the texture may slightly change.
Q: What can I serve with these English Chinese French fries?
A: These fries pair well with ketchup, sweet chili sauce, or mayonnaise for dipping. They also complement burgers, sandwiches, or as a standalone snack.
Q: How can I store leftovers?
A: Refrigerate any leftover fries in an airtight container for two days. Reheat them in the oven or air fryer to restore crispiness. Read now to know What to Do with Leftover French Fries?
Prepare for a culinary adventure with our tantalizing English Chinese French fries recipe. Combining the classic British snack with the bold flavors of Chinese cuisine, you’ll experience a delightful fusion of tastes in every bite. The crispy exterior and fluffy interior, seasoned to perfection with a medley of spices, make these fries irresistible. Serve them as a delicious side dish, a crowd-pleasing appetizer, or a delectable snack that will have everyone begging for more.
Now, gather your ingredients, follow the step-by-step instructions, and savor the delightful blend of English and Chinese culinary influences with these crispy and flavorful fries. Be prepared if this dish becomes a family favorite or a go-to for events and parties. Enjoy the exciting fusion of flavors, and elevate your fry game to new heights!
Did you like this recipe? You may also like our chocolate french fries recipe!